My Patterns

Monday, February 16, 2015

2015 Ornament Project

The crochet ornament project is growing!

 Here are four more ornament designs I have stitched up.

First some Snowflake cookies By Twinkie Chan.  If you haven't seen Twinkie's food patterns they are defiantly worth checking out at her Pintrest page here.  Her patterns are so cute and clever.
For the cookie part, I used Loops and Threads in Heather.  For the blue icing I used Loops and Threads in Clear Blue and for the white icing on top I used Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn in White.
I used a J hook on the cookie part, H hook on the blue icing part, and G hook on the white. When starting the white frosting, I started with ch4. I found that the ch8 called for in the pattern makes way too big a hole. Also, I crocheted a little loosely on the first cookie part.
The finished cookie measures approximately 4 1/2 inches not including the hanger.

Next some bright and colorful butterflies.  
The pattern by Chantal Clay can be found here.
 These butterflies measure approximately 4 inches by 3 inches.  
They work up so fast and easy!  I used various scraps and stash in worsted weight yarn.

Today I finished these sweet gingerbread hearts.
I used Loops and Threads in Soft Taupe for the gingerbread, Loops and Threads in Aran for the cross stitch and edging and Vanna's Choice solids in Scarlet for the red hots.
 
 They measure approximately 4in x 5in. not including the hanger.
This pattern by Drops Design can be found here.

Last but not least, some brightly colored Pinwheel Candies.
For these I used various scraps and stash of worsted weight yarn. 
They measure approximately 4x2 inches not including the hanger. 
This pattern by Lion Brands can be found here.

I have now made a total of 32 ornaments this year.  Not bad since it is only mid February, but I hope to have a whole lot more made up by December!





3 comments:

  1. How fantastic are these! You have a great collection there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I surely acquiring more difficulties from each surprisingly more little bit of it Value Engineering Services

    ReplyDelete